Here are my top favorite journal prompts to start the day. I promised this to you in my article on Why You Need a Daily Gratitude Practice to Improve Your Mental Health. And I also promised you my 18 Journal Prompts for Reflecting on the End of the Day.
And if you want to listen to my podcast episode on my gratitude practice, you can find it below!
9 Journal Prompts to Start the Day
- What is my intention for the day? Select one word to be your motto, theme, or vibe of the day.
- List 3 things you are grateful for.
- How do I hope to feel today?
- And how do I hope to show up in the world?
- What are my goals for today?
- Think of the future you – the person that you want to become. Now, what is one thing that you can do today to get you one step closer to that vision?
- What does your mind, body, heart, or soul need today?
- How can you meet those needs? (see Self-Care Ideas and Activities for inspiration on ways to care for yourself)
- What is my positive affirmation for the day?
Be a Regular
Bookmark this page and make this your new routine. Journaling has been proven to improve your mental health. It not only helps to inspire and empower you to begin your day in the most intentional way, but it also helps to reduce stress and anxiety. We certainly don’t have time for that.
Be sure to check out my 18 Journal Prompts for Reflecting on the End of the Day and Daily Gratitude Practice to complete your daily routine!
You’ve Got a Friend in Me
Check out these articles: